So we need to be reminded to whom we bring the message of God's gift of eternal life: those who are of the world; those whose view of the world tends to be quite different from those "called out."
- Two-thirds believe truth is realitive to the individual and the circumstance. It is no wonder life feels like it is shifting underfoot and unpredictable.
- Two-thirds don't believe Evil has a reality beyond an idea, a concept. There is no choice to participate, enter into, or follow Evil.
- Three-quarters believe their good works or good behavior earns them a place in eternity. It isn't on any authoritative source, but a feeling that "it just seems right."
- Half to two-thirds believe perfection is not possible and Jesus could not have been without sin.
- Interestingly, more than two-thirds believe in a God that is all-powerful and an all-knowing Creator who still rules today.
This is a time of great opportunity for our making Christ known with our friends of the world. Keep this in mind as you read through the latest Barna Research paper on what people in the USA believe today. [The Barna Reseach Group is one of the leading surveyors of religious opinion in the USA.]
So knowing this, how are be shaping our Outreach to reach those who believe in a Creator and have no knowledge of Him?